Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Ask Me Another
Thu March 13, 2014
Yahoo, Seriously? With Farhad Manjoo
Originally published on Thu October 16, 2014 7:38 am
Who's a "dead guy with crazy hair because he invented physics"? In this game, The New York Times' tech columnist Farhad Manjoo and his opponent try to identify historic figures from dubious Yahoo! Answers descriptions.
When asked for his tech predictions for the near future, Manjoo says that wearable technology is going to be all the rage. "Every part of the internet is going to integrated into your body." Whoa. Speaking of integrating yourself into the web... Manjoo's worthy opponent, Auros Harman, is a self-appointed fact-checker of Slate, Manjoo's former employer, who gleefully admits he's submitted an "incalculable" number of corrections to the magazine. Including this one.
This segment originally ran on March 13, 2014.