Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Fri March 14, 2014
Wye Oak On World Cafe
Originally published on Sat March 15, 2014 8:56 am
For our Sense of Place: Austin we are excited to bring you the Baltimore duo Wye Oak from the Four Seasons in Austin. Next month, the band's Andrew Stack and Jenn Wasner are releasing Shriek, the follow-up to their very well received 2011 album Civilian. The two albums are startlingly different. Wesner plays no guitar on the new one and instead, as we will hear today, concentrates on the bass. The songs written on bass are very different as well — it's the reinvention of Wye Oak.