Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Illinois TV Anchor On Cancer And Leading A Normal Life
- UI Faculty Association President Calls Salaita Report A Game Changer
- Agencies To Ask For More, Rauner Says ... Without Giving An Opinion On If They Deserve It Or Not
- IIAA Teaches Life Skills Through Sports
- Parties' Power Grabs In Battle For Comptroller; Quinn Calls Legislators Into Special Session
Mon April 15, 2013
WUIS Spring On-Air Drive Finishes Short
WUIS program funding is $30,000 short at the completion of the spring on-air drive.
The station relies on listener support to fund national and local program costs. This year's goal of $330,000 may still be met as funds continue to be raised through June 30, 2013 (WUIS' fiscal year runs July 1 - June 30). Additional revenue is expected as Calendar Club monthly giving and direct mail receipts are recinciled.
An additional day of pitching was added to close the gap and a major donor match the last weekend resulted in an increase in donations. A new member match also generated positive response with many listeners making their first donations to support public radio programs on WUIS.