Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
All Songs Considered
Thu January 16, 2014
A World Of Live Music, Captured With Pen And Paper
Originally published on Thu January 16, 2014 9:31 am
While photographers click and shoot their way through live concerts, capturing the best moments in fractions of seconds, illustrator Michael Arthur prefers to preserve the highlights at what some might consider glacial speed, using pen and ink.
Of course, Arthur's methods aren't slow at all. In fact, he has to move pretty quickly to get a moment down before it passes. If you attended last weekend's GlobalFEST gathering in New York, you might have seen him off to the side, furiously drawing and preserving the most inspiring moments from the dozen-plus bands that played the festival.
We'll feature some of our favorite discoveries from GlobalFEST 2014 on this week's of All Songs Considered. We've also got full concerts and samples to hear from most of the bands that performed. But in the meantime, check out the gallery above, featuring Michael Arthur's work.