Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Mon October 28, 2013
World Cafe Next: Wild Child
Originally published on Tue October 29, 2013 9:14 am
This week's pick for World Cafe: Next is Austin, Texas' Wild Child. Led by vocalists Kelsey Wilson and Alexander Beggins, the band formed in 2009 and just released its second album, The Runaround.
This past March, the group won Best Indie Act and Best Folk Act at the Austin Music Awards — but on its new album, which features production from Ben Kweller, Wild Child appears to move away from folk and toward a more all-encompassing sound. Hear two tracks from the record and download this week's podcast.