Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Mon September 23, 2013
World Cafe Next: Ásgeir
Originally published on Tue October 29, 2013 9:16 am
Musically speaking, we travel to Iceland for Monday's installment of World Cafe: Next. Our featured artist is Ásgeir, a 21-year-old singer-songwriter who's on his way to making history. After releasing his debut album (In the Silence) in his homeland last year, the singer has the best-selling and fastest-selling debut album ever in Iceland. In terms of sales, the phenom has surpassed the work of Ásgeir's fellow Icelandic stars Bjork and Sigur Rós.
This episode features two tracks from the English-language version of In the Silence, which comes out in the U.S. on Oct. 29.