Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Mon December 16, 2013
World Cafe Next: Ryley Walker
Originally published on Thu June 12, 2014 1:46 pm
This week's pick for World Cafe: Next is Chicago guitarist Ryley Walker. The singer-songwriter recently released a psych-folk EP titled The West Wind, which features swirling guitars and jazzy excursions that are easy to get lost in.
Walker is an associate of fellow Chicagoan and American Primitive guitarist Daniel Bachman; the two have recorded and toured together. Walker's playing style nods to the late Bert Jansch, but goes further by expanding upon the Scottish folk musician's melodic excursions.
Walker plans to release his full-length debut in April 2014. In the meantime, download two songs from his EP as part of this week's podcast.