Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Wed February 5, 2014
Winslow Expected To Get Police Chief Job
After more than 6 months as Acting Springfield Police Chief, Kenny Winslow has been nominated for the job on permanent basis.
Winslow assumed his role July 29th, after Robert Williams resigned following a file shredding scandal.
Winslow says there are several things at the department that need to be done.
“Community outreach, minority recruiting, those are all hot topic items that we need to address. We're not doing as well as we can, and we need to strive to do better. And what I foresee in the future is a collaborative approach involving community members as well as the department to do some of that outreach,” he said.
Winslow's nomination could be voted on in two weeks. Mayor Mike Houston says Winslow has shown the ability to lead the department.
Springfield City Government