- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
Around the Nation
Fri March 14, 2014
What Makes Someone A Hipster?
Originally published on Fri March 14, 2014 10:27 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene. Earlier this week I made a joke about hipsters and it caused an overwhelming reaction from listeners, especially on Twitter. So we started wondering what makes someone a hipster anyway. Some of our overnight producers have thoughts.
UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN #1: Hipsters are hairy.
UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN #2: Rolling your own cigarettes.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN #1: Flannel is back.
UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN #1: Fedoras.
UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN #3: Being about to move to Portland.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN #2: Listening to NPR.
GREENE: If that makes a cool - well, OK. But for the record, we're not trying.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.