Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Around the Nation
Fri March 14, 2014
What Makes Someone A Hipster?
Originally published on Fri March 14, 2014 10:27 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene. Earlier this week I made a joke about hipsters and it caused an overwhelming reaction from listeners, especially on Twitter. So we started wondering what makes someone a hipster anyway. Some of our overnight producers have thoughts.
UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN #1: Hipsters are hairy.
UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN #2: Rolling your own cigarettes.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN #1: Flannel is back.
UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN #1: Fedoras.
UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN #3: Being about to move to Portland.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN #2: Listening to NPR.
GREENE: If that makes a cool - well, OK. But for the record, we're not trying.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.