Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Fri November 29, 2013
What Is The Best Holiday Movie Of All Time?
Originally published on Fri November 29, 2013 10:42 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
OK. Now that the holiday season is officially here, we at MORNING EDITION are trying to fire up an age-old debate: What is the best holiday movie of all time?
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Maybe you're partial to "It's a Wonderful Life." There will probably be lots of votes for "A Christmas Story," or even the Bruce Willis thriller "Die Hard."
GREENE: And we're making this simple: just tweet your favorite holiday movie to us @MorningEdition or @NPRGreene, and use the hashtag #nprholidaymovie.
WERTHEIMER: Now, I cast my vote for the 1951 version of "A Christmas Carol" with Alastair Sim as a really scary Scrooge. When he turns from bad Scrooge to good Scrooge, he's even scarier.
GREENE: That sounds very scary. And, Linda, I was really tempted to pick "Die Hard," but I'm going with a movie that is celebrating its 10th anniversary: "Love Actually."
(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "CHRISTMAS IS ALL AROUND")
BILL NIGHY: (as Bill Mack) (Singing) I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes. Christmas is all around me, and so the feeling grows.
GREENE: It's MORNING EDITION, from NPR News. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.