Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Sun June 1, 2014
WFUV Presents: Sharon Van Etten
Originally published on Wed July 2, 2014 2:11 pm
Building on the success of her third album, Tramp, Sharon Van Etten decided that the next direction to take was her own. So Are We There is her first self-produced album, recorded with her stellar band and some assistance from veteran producer Stewart Lerman.
Van Etten recently brought that band to the Lower East Side's Rockwood Music Hall for an FUV Live show and floored us with her heartbreakingly gorgeous and honest new songs. She also entertained us with her self-deprecating humor — and brought her Omnichord, an instrument she used to write much of Are We There. It features prominently in this performance of "Taking Chances."