Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Sun June 1, 2014
WFUV Presents: Sharon Van Etten
Originally published on Wed July 2, 2014 2:11 pm
Building on the success of her third album, Tramp, Sharon Van Etten decided that the next direction to take was her own. So Are We There is her first self-produced album, recorded with her stellar band and some assistance from veteran producer Stewart Lerman.
Van Etten recently brought that band to the Lower East Side's Rockwood Music Hall for an FUV Live show and floored us with her heartbreakingly gorgeous and honest new songs. She also entertained us with her self-deprecating humor — and brought her Omnichord, an instrument she used to write much of Are We There. It features prominently in this performance of "Taking Chances."