Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Illinois TV Anchor On Cancer And Leading A Normal Life
- Gov-Elect Rauner Makes Two Appointments
- Soda Tax Idea Coming Back In Spring Session
- Candidate Interview: Community Activist Samuel Johnson Runs For Mayor
- Parties' Power Grabs In Battle For Comptroller; Quinn Calls Legislators Into Special Session
Wed February 19, 2014
We Love Him For More Than Twizzles: Charlie White Plays Violin, Too
It's no secret that gold-winning American ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White have become favorite faces in Sochi. But it turns out that the charming White has done his share of woodshedding along with his hard work on the ice.
He celebrated yesterday by fulfilling a long-standing promise he'd made to the Today show: If he earned gold in Sochi, he'd come to their studio with his fiddle.
After his big win, he pulled out a student standard, the opening measures of Vivaldi's Violin Concerto in A minor. He confessed that his command musical performance gave him some pause: "I think I maybe was more nervous for that," he said laughingly. "It's been a solid three years since I've played the violin."