Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Tue April 15, 2014
WATCH: Israel's New Low-Cost Airline Has Catchy Safety Video
Originally published on Tue April 15, 2014 1:55 pm
El Al, Israel's national airline, wants you to get down when you fly UP, its budget carrier that took to the skies just two weeks ago. UP has joined the list of airlines doing away with the boring safety video in favor of something more lively and, at least in this case, delightfully cheesy.
The website FlightClub says:
"The video is sort of a cross between a Ricky Martin video, mixed with Devo's 'Whip It' and heaping spoonful of Robert Palmer's 'Simply [Irresistible].' It's a bit scatterbrained, but certainly entertaining and will be sure to hold [passengers'] attention. There's also a Hebrew version, which actually sounds a lot smoother than the English translation."