Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Tue June 3, 2014
WAMU's Bandwidth Presents: Frankie Cosmos
Originally published on Wed July 2, 2014 2:17 pm
New York's Greta Kline has been cranking out lo-fi releases over the last few years under a number of different aliases. This spring, she released her debut full-length, Zentropy, as Frankie Cosmos — her first recording with a band.
Kline specializes in honest, personal pop tunes, with deliberate and clever lyrics that bring to mind Calvin Johnson's K Records sound. During her East Coast tour in April, Kline and the band stopped at Bandwidth's Wilderness Bureau studio in Washington, D.C., to play some of those songs and help us throw an unbirthday party.
"On the Lips" is from Frankie Cosmos' 2013 EP, im sorry im hi lets go.