Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Thu February 13, 2014
VIDEOS: Rappin' And Rockin' School Closing Announcements
Originally published on Thu February 13, 2014 1:56 pm
Two weeks ago, it was an elementary school principal and drama teacher in Kentucky using the tune of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" to announce school would be closed because of bad weather.
Then Wednesday night, the educators in charge at a private school in Durham, N.C., rapped their way through a school-closing announcement by mimicking Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby."
A related post: It's True: Snowiest Places Are Least Likely To Close Schools