- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Fri October 11, 2013
Vatican Recalls Pope Medallions Because Of Typo
Originally published on Fri October 11, 2013 10:02 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. To commemorate the new pope, the Vatican minted thousands of medallions in gold, silver and bronze. A portrait of Francis was on one side and on the other, the Latin phrase that inspired Pope Francis to join the Jesuit order and become a priest. The medals went on sale this week and were promptly recalled after the Vatican discovered a typo: Jesus was misspelled as Lesus, with an L. One wit tweeted: I blame the Lesuits. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.