Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Thu October 24, 2013
Vatican Challenges Church Of England ... To A Cricket Match
Originally published on Thu October 24, 2013 7:07 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The Vatican has announced it will be engaging in sporting diplomacy with a new team. St. Peter's Cricket Club will be made up of priests and seminarians in cricket-loving countries like India. Still, the Vatican couldn't resist throwing down this challenge to longtime rival the Church of England: Form a team and make it the Anglicans versus the Catholics at Lord's Cricket Ground in London - what you could call the Mecca of that sport. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.