Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Wed August 21, 2013
UN Investigating Alleged Chemical Attacks In Syria
Originally published on Tue September 10, 2013 11:05 am
Syrian activists allege that Syrian President Bashar al Assad’s regime used chemical weapons against rebels today, killing hundreds of civilians.
The allegations come just after United Nations chemical weapons experts arrived in the country to investigate earlier alleged uses of these weapons.
Amy Smithson of the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies, explains what the UN team will be looking for and the challenges they face in determining chemical weapons use.
- Amy Smithson, senior fellow at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies.