Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Around the Nation
Wed September 4, 2013
UMass Breaks Record For Largest Fruit Salad
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. For years, unhealthy cafeteria food has been blamed for the infamous weight gain known as the Freshman 15. This week, incoming students at the University of Massachusetts Amherst were greeted this week with 15,000 pounds of fresh fruit. It was the world's largest fruit salad - setting a Guinness record - served from a small swimming pool with shovel, one way to respond to surveys showing thousands of campus diners want more fruits and vegetables. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.