Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Fri August 1, 2014
UIS Athletics Has A New Look
University of Illinois Springfield Athletics unveiled a new logo and brand identity today. It will be phased in over the next 3 years on athletic uniforms, beginning with the men's basketball and baseball teams.
The tagline "Rise Here, Rise Now" was also introduced.
You'll begin seeing it more in marketing, including plans to hang a banner in the White Oaks Mall and a billboard along Sixth Street.
“I am excited to launch the new UIS Athletic look as this is an important aspect of our marketing strategy in support of developing a strong brand identity,” said Director of Athletics Kim Pate in a news release. “The new identity system provides a comprehensive brand standard that will allow for greater consistency and more creative opportunities. It is my hope that our students, alumni, the campus and community will have a greater sense of affinity and pride with the Prairie Star Athletics name."
UIS had considered changing it's team nickname from Prairie Stars, but earlier this year decided to keep it. It's reflected in the new logo.