Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Thu January 9, 2014
U Of I Athletic Director Could Get A Raise
University of Illinois trustees are considering giving Athletic Director Mike Thomas a raise and a contract extension.
Trustee James Montgomery said Thursday that under the proposal Thomas' base pay would be increased to $554,000 and extended by two years. Thomas was hired in 2011 on a five-year contract with a base salary of $475,000.
A trustees' committee will consider the proposal Thursday in Chicago. Any changes would eventually have to be approved by the full board of trustees that governs the university.
Urbana-Champaign campus Chancellor Phyllis Wise is Thomas' boss. She declined to discuss details of the proposal but said she is pleased with Thomas' work.
Thomas has led the renewed project to renovate the State Farm Center and hired football coach Tim Beckman and basketball coach John Groce.