- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Inspector General Discloses Political Hiring Investigation
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
Thu January 9, 2014
U Of I Athletic Director Could Get A Raise
University of Illinois trustees are considering giving Athletic Director Mike Thomas a raise and a contract extension.
Trustee James Montgomery said Thursday that under the proposal Thomas' base pay would be increased to $554,000 and extended by two years. Thomas was hired in 2011 on a five-year contract with a base salary of $475,000.
A trustees' committee will consider the proposal Thursday in Chicago. Any changes would eventually have to be approved by the full board of trustees that governs the university.
Urbana-Champaign campus Chancellor Phyllis Wise is Thomas' boss. She declined to discuss details of the proposal but said she is pleased with Thomas' work.
Thomas has led the renewed project to renovate the State Farm Center and hired football coach Tim Beckman and basketball coach John Groce.