Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Fri September 6, 2013
Two Former Governors Backing Dillard
Two former GOP Illinois governors are asking party leaders to back state Sen. Kirk Dillard in the 2014 gubernatorial primary, saying he's the only Republican who can win the general election.
Former Govs. Jim Edgar and Jim Thompson have endorsed Dillard. They sent a letter earlier this week to all GOP county and township chairmen and ward
committeemen. They say the Hinsdale legislator is a seasoned campaigner and the only candidate who ``can take the fight to the entrenched Democrats that
dominate the state capitol.''
Dillard served as Edgar's chief of staff. Dillard narrowly lost the 2010 GOP primary to state Sen. Bill Brady, who went on to lose to Gov. Pat Quinn.
Dillard faces Brady, state Treasurer Dan Rutherford and businessman Bruce Rauner in the 2014 primary.