- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Mon September 9, 2013
Tourists Flock To Downton, England
Originally published on Mon September 9, 2013 6:25 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. An English village is getting an accidental tourism boost thanks to the hit British TV show "Downton Abbey.The show is set in a location that's fictional but that hasn't stopped American tourists from swarming Downton, England. The village has absolutely nothing to do with Lord Grantham or Lady Mary, nor does it have an abbey or a great house, which hasn't kept the local White Horse Pub from turning itself into an unofficial tourist office. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.