Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Thu June 12, 2014
Tommy Malone On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Thu June 19, 2014 2:09 pm
Tommy Malone appears on Mountain Stage, recorded live at the Creative Arts Center on the campus of West Virginia University.
The prime mover behind the New Orleans swamp-rock band The Subdudes, Malone has been a fixture in the Louisiana music scene and beyond for 40 years. He began in a family band that included his brother, Radiators guitarist Dave Malone, and worked as a sideman; he also helped found the storied music collective The Continental Drifters.
Tommy Malone's third and most recent solo album, Poor Boy, recently arrived a dozen years after Soul Heavy. This set includes the song "Natural Born Days," which was not heard during the radio broadcast.
- "All Dressed Up"
- "Natural Born Days"
- "Once In A Blue Moon"
- "Didn't Want To Hear It"