Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Are People Really Leaving Illinois In Droves?
- Falling Union Membership? The Governor Has A Theory About That ...
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
Tue June 18, 2013
Thomas Jefferson And The Monticello Gardens
Thomas Jefferson was more than a founding father. He was an avid gardener. We’ve learned more about Jefferson’s passion for gardening thanks to Peter Hatch and the various books he has written.
Hatch is the retired Director of Gardens and Grounds at Jefferson’s Monticello. He’ll speak on the UIS campus Thursday night. He also talked with WUIS’ Sean Crawford about Jefferson’s gardens….
The event at 6 p.m. Thursday will be held at the Brookens Auditorium at UIS. It’s part of the Engaged Citizenship Common Experience (ECCE) Series.