Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Law Professor Seeks To Limit Sex Trafficking In Illinois
- Lawsuit: ‘Orange Crush’ Unit Abuses Illinois Prisoners
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
Fri September 6, 2013
Is There Any Meaning In Poet Seamus Heaney's Last Text?
Commentator Andrei Codrescu reflects on the text message written by poet Seamus Heaney just before he died. In Latin he wrote to his wife "do not be afraid." The 74-year-old Heaney died in a Dublin hospital last week. Codrescu says no great meaning should be implied — it was just a personal message to his wife.