Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri May 30, 2014
Theatre In The Park New Season Begins
If taking in the arts in the great outdoors interests you, check out Theatre in the Park at Lincoln's New Salem State Historic Site in Petersburg. The Diary of Anne Frank kicks off the new season Friday night, the first of 6 performances.
Kari Catton is Executive Director of Theatre In The Park. "It's a piece of history that I believe everybody should know about. And when we choose our plays out there, we do think about 'Would Abraham Lincoln like to have seen this play?"
Catton said even those who think they know the story will learn more by watching the play.
The lineup takes a less serious tone with shows like Footloose, The Music Man and The Pajama Game. In August, a production of "Mr. Lincoln" takes to the stage. It will all wrap up August 30 with a fundraiser concert.