- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
Wed June 18, 2014
Term Limit, Political Map Lawsuit Unfolds In Court
The decision of whether two November ballot measures dealing with term limits and redistricting are constitutional is in the hands of a Cook
Oral arguments were Wednesday in a lawsuit attempting to keep both measures off
Cook County Circuit Court Judge Mary Mikva says she'll issue a written decision by noon on June 27.
Mikva has said she wants to expedite a ruling because it will affect the November election. Ballots are certified in August.
One group led by Republican governor candidate Bruce Rauner calls
for term limits, along with other changes.
The other group wants an independent commission to take over how Illinois draws
its political boundaries. That group is in the process of verifying signatures
with the Illinois State Board of Elections.