Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Mon December 9, 2013
Teacher's Strike In Mount Olive
Teachers at the school district in Mount Olive have gone on strike.
The State Journal-Register reports (http://bit.ly/1cwtFY4) teachers went on strike Monday morning in Mount Olive School District No. 5 in Macoupin County. The town is 50 miles south of Springfield. The teachers' union and school district couldn't agree on a new three-year contract.
The two sides are at issue on pay increases and health insurance benefits. The district has 39 teachers and about 500 students in grades kindergarten through 12. The school district is offering free day care.
Teachers approved a strike last week. The contract expired at the end of the 2012-2013 school year.