Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
The Legacy Theatre
Fri June 28, 2013
Sunset Boulevard: Locally Produced Musical With Film Noir Style
Sunset Boulevard is a musical that almost never was. It went through multiple failed plans before Andrew Lloyd Weber - who also wrote the music for The Phantom of the Opera - took the story line of a movie from 1950 and made it a Broadway hit. And now, the musical is coming to The Legacy Theatre in Springfield - the first time it will have a run in the city.
The musical opens tonight and goes through next weekend at the building on Lawrence Avenue that was formally the Springfield Theatre Centre. Actors Jeremy Goeckner, Cynda Wrightsman, Sarah Baltusevich and Director Scott Richardson all joined us for this interview:
CLICK HERE for more information and tickets to The Legacy Theatre's musical production of Sunset Boulevard. That opens tonight at 101 East Lawrence Avenue in Springfield at 8pm. It runs weekends June 28th - July 13th.