Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum
Mon July 15, 2013
Summer Reading Program Welcomes Lincoln Authors
Three authors will visit the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield this summer to shed new light on issues ranging from the Civil War, to morality and music. The authors will sign copies of their books and present lectures.
The series begins tomorrow with Thomas Mackey, he'll discuss his book about laws that contributed to the Civil War or were results of it. Chris Wills with the Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum begins this interview by telling us more about Mackey and his book: "A Documentary History of the Civil War Era: Volume 1, Legislative Achievements":
The summer reading program that kicks off tomorrow night (7/16) at 6pm with a book signing followed by a lecture. CLICK HERE for more information. John Burt discusses his book on July 24th, “Lincoln’s Tragic Pragmatism: Lincoln, Douglas, and Moral Conflict" and on Aug. 22 John Stauffer, co-author of “Battle Hymn of the Republic: A Biography of the Song That Marches On" will lecture.