Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri December 27, 2013
Suit Filed In Chicago Over Target Security Breach
At least one Illinois resident has joined those suing Target after the retail giant disclosed hackers stole millions of customer accounts.
Chicago-area woman Chandra McPherson is the named plaintiff in a class-action lawsuit filed this week in federal court in Chicago. Similar lawsuits have been filed in other states.
The 31-page Chicago lawsuit seeks unspecified damages in one of the largest data breaches in U.S. history.
Last week, Target revealed that up to 40 million credit and debit accounts may have been stolen. Target says the breach involved U.S. store purchases between Nov. 27 and Dec. 15.
A message seeking comment from Target's Minneapolis headquarters yesterday wasn't immediately returned. A Target statement Monday said it ``remains committed to sharing information about the recent data breach with all who are impacted.''