- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Tue July 2, 2013
Stephen Douglas Exhibit On Display
This year marks the bicentennial of the birth for one of Illinois' most notable politicians. But Stephen Douglas fell far short of his rival, Abraham Lincoln, in both height and the history books. Douglas was more than simply a footnote in Illinois' past. An exhibit underway at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum sheds some light on the Little Giant. It includes items pertaining to Douglas.
James Cornelius is Curator of the Lincoln Collection at the facility and tells us more.
The Douglas exhibit can be seen with paid admission to the museum.