Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Illinois TV Anchor On Cancer And Leading A Normal Life
- Gov-Elect Rauner Makes Two Appointments
- Soda Tax Idea Coming Back In Spring Session
- Candidate Interview: Community Activist Samuel Johnson Runs For Mayor
- Parties' Power Grabs In Battle For Comptroller; Quinn Calls Legislators Into Special Session
Mon December 30, 2013
State Spending To Be Part Of Tax Returns
State Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka says Illinois residents will get a breakdown of state spending in income tax returns received in 2014.
Topinka announced the initiative on Monday. She says her office will also make the information available online. In a statement, Topinka says there shouldn't be a mystery when it comes to public dollars in the state.
The tax return inserts will show what state agencies spend each year. It also gives a picture of the state's unpaid bills over time.
Topinka says that Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas started a similar insert in the previous tax season.