Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Are People Really Leaving Illinois In Droves?
- Falling Union Membership? The Governor Has A Theory About That ...
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
Thu February 27, 2014
State Police Investigation on Local Officers Released
A 300 page report by Illinois State Police investigating alleged misconduct by two Springfield Police detectives Paul Carpenter and Jim Graham has been released.
After several Freedom of Information Act requests by local media outlets for several years, Sangamon County Circuit Judge John Schmidt ruled that the report should be made available to the public.
Springfield Corporation Council Todd Greenburg says his office can review about 250 pages every 30 days, stretching release of the full document over nine months.
Follow the link for the first installment.