Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Mon February 24, 2014
State Fiscal 'Toolbox' Available To Better Explain Budget Issues
Illinois, like many states, suffered financially during the recession. But an economist says Illinois was in a weaker position to deal with the challenge.
David Merriman is with the University of Illinois' Institute of Government and Public Affairs.
The Institute has developed what's called the Illinois Budget Policy Toolbox. Merriman says it will provide information on the state's finances and analysis of proposals that come up during an election year.
He tells WUIS' Sean Crawford that Illinois has had difficulty coming out of the recession because of fiscal policy decisions made over the years: