- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Mon February 24, 2014
State Fiscal 'Toolbox' Available To Better Explain Budget Issues
Illinois, like many states, suffered financially during the recession. But an economist says Illinois was in a weaker position to deal with the challenge.
David Merriman is with the University of Illinois' Institute of Government and Public Affairs.
The Institute has developed what's called the Illinois Budget Policy Toolbox. Merriman says it will provide information on the state's finances and analysis of proposals that come up during an election year.
He tells WUIS' Sean Crawford that Illinois has had difficulty coming out of the recession because of fiscal policy decisions made over the years: