Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri November 1, 2013
State Farm Could Move Some Jobs From Central Illinois
State Farm Insurance Co. says it will likely move at least some of its claims services employees out of Bloomington.
State Farm spokeswoman Holly Anderson said Friday that the company told employees this week that the potential move is being studied.
The Bloomington-based company wouldn't say how many workers could be involved, where the jobs could be moved to or when. The Pantagraph newspaper in Bloomington reported that as of 2011 1,600 people worked at the center where the claims workers are based.
State Farm has raised concerns in Bloomington this year by planning new operational hubs in Phoenix, Dallas and Atlanta.
Anderson said the company expects to maintain what she calls ``a very large presence'' in the city.
State Farm is Bloomington's largest employer with about 15,000 jobs.