Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Illinois TV Anchor On Cancer And Leading A Normal Life
- UI Faculty Association President Calls Salaita Report A Game Changer
- Agencies To Ask For More, Rauner Says ... Without Giving An Opinion On If They Deserve It Or Not
- IIAA Teaches Life Skills Through Sports
- Parties' Power Grabs In Battle For Comptroller; Quinn Calls Legislators Into Special Session
Mon July 22, 2013
Stanley Cup To Appear In Springfield
The Stanley Cup is returning to Springfield.
Rocky Wirtz _ chairman of the 2013 National Hockey League champion Chicago Blackhawks _ announced Monday the trophy will appear at private events on July 29.
It will go to a legislative reception at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, then for a photo with the Illinois Air National Guard's 183rd Fighter Wing.
The public may snap photos with the trophy when it arrives at Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport at 7 a.m. and leaves the library and museum at 9 a.m.
Officials say it's possible the cup will be back in Springfield next month.
After the Hawks' 2010 championship _ the first since 1961 _ the Stanley Cup made trips to the state Capitol and Illinois State Fair.