Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Mon July 22, 2013
Stanley Cup To Appear In Springfield
The Stanley Cup is returning to Springfield.
Rocky Wirtz _ chairman of the 2013 National Hockey League champion Chicago Blackhawks _ announced Monday the trophy will appear at private events on July 29.
It will go to a legislative reception at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, then for a photo with the Illinois Air National Guard's 183rd Fighter Wing.
The public may snap photos with the trophy when it arrives at Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport at 7 a.m. and leaves the library and museum at 9 a.m.
Officials say it's possible the cup will be back in Springfield next month.
After the Hawks' 2010 championship _ the first since 1961 _ the Stanley Cup made trips to the state Capitol and Illinois State Fair.