Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
Fri July 4, 2014
On Stage: Orlando Story Club
In today’s “On Stage” segment, we look at the art of storytelling, which has taken off in venues across the country.
We go to Orlando, Florida, and the Orlando Story Club. The club was co-founded by South African-born Robin Cowie, who has a background in bringing powerful stories to life as a former Hollywood producer. He helped launch the pseudo-reality horror genre as co-producer of the 1999 film, “The Blair Witch Project.”
Now he works with regular people who want to share their stories before a crowd. Anyone can take part in the Orlando Story Club. Storytellers are drawn at random from the audience, who have five minutes to weave their yarns in front of a panel of judges.
Cowie shares his story with Here & Now’s Robin Young.