Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- What's Next For Pensions, Now That Court Has Tossed Illinois' Law?
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Lawmakers Propose Adding Crime Victims' Bill Of Rights To Illinois Law
- New Pension Fixes May Emerge; Rauner Considering Ideas That "Haven't Been Brought Forward Yet"
- How Much Is Your AP Test Score Worth In Illinois? The Answer Varies By University
Fri March 21, 2014
St. Vincent On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon December 29, 2014 9:35 am
Annie Clark, who records under the name St. Vincent, has never done anything musically as it might be expected. From the beginning, her guitar playing defied convention, while her compositions have evolved drastically since her debut album Marry Me in 2007.
St. Vincent's new self-titled album is her fourth; it arrived on the heels of her collaboration with David Byrne for 2012's Love This Giant album and tour.
Clark is our guest for the full hour here. We'll hear four new songs from the stage of World Cafe Live, interspersed with insightful conversation about Clark's songwriting process. We're also making one of the highlights available for download — the song "Prince Johnny" — on the World Cafe Tumblr.