Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Mon July 14, 2014
Springfield's Mayor Wants Another Term
Springfield mayor Mike Houston will seek another term. Houston made the announcement earlier this morning. He says he has righted the ship when it comes to city finances.
Houston is expected to face opposition.
County Auditor Paul Palazzolo and City Treasuer Jim Langfielder have indicated they will run for the office as well.
Houston admits he broke a pledge to only serve one term. He made that during the last campaign. But he says some of his projects have taken longer than anticipated to accomplish.