Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Direct To Disney
Tue August 20, 2013
Springfield-Orlando Flights To Take Off In November
Allegiant Air will begin flying to Orlando from Springfield's airport this fall.
The low-cost carrier says the non-stop flights from Abraham Lincoln Capitol Airport will begin November 22. They're scheduled to depart twice a week.
The State Journal-Register reports the airline is offering a special discounted round-trip rate of $99 until Thursday. After that, fares will cost $69 each way.
The carrier began twice-weekly flights from Springfield to Florida's Gulf Coast last fall.
Tuesday's announcement about the expansion in Springfield comes as Allegiant adds routes across the country. The Las Vegas airline said it was adding service to 10 new airports, most of which will have flights to Florida.