Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Are People Really Leaving Illinois In Droves?
- Falling Union Membership? The Governor Has A Theory About That ...
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
Fri January 3, 2014
Springfield Hospital Acquiring Passavant In Jacksonville
Jacksonville's Passavant Area Hospital is going to become part of Memorial Health System. It will become the fourth hospital to go under the Memorial umbrella. A joint news release says the two organizations have signed an affiliation agreement. It still needs regulatory approval.
Passavant is a 93 bed hospital with about 900 full and part time workers.
Memorial's three hospitals have more than 500 beds. It employs more than 5,700.
Along with Memorial Medical Center in Springfield, the System also has hospitals in Lincoln and Taylorville.