Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Public Radio Interview: Rauner At 100 Days
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
- School Musical Decorations Produce Off-Stage Drama
Wed January 15, 2014
Springfield Aldermen Question Email Change
Springfield aldermen raised questions last night regarding their city email accounts. Alderman Cory Jobe says an email from a constituent was forwarded to him from the City Communications Director's account. Nathan Mihelich holds that position. He says it's due to how the email program is set up.
“The way the computer works, it may list me as the administrator for the program. And that's why you're seeing it like that. But I'm not cc'd on any of those emails,” Mihelich said.
Still, the council members brought up concerns the mayor's administration could be reading those emails. The aldermen requested the messages instead go through the council coordinator.