Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Data Trackers: License Plate Scanning Technology Raises Privacy Questions
- Law Professor Seeks To Limit Sex Trafficking In Illinois
- Lawsuit: ‘Orange Crush’ Unit Abuses Illinois Prisoners
- Power Players – Who’s In And Who’s Out When It Comes To Lobbying The New Governor
- Studies Show Limited Impact Of Settlement Sizes On Health Care
Tue January 14, 2014
Springfield Airport Makes Upgrades
Springfield's Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport underwent $5.3 million in improvements last year.
Springfield Airport Authority Chairman Frank Vala said Monday that the upgrades were necessary to maintain a ``safe, modern and user friendly facility for all airport users.''
The State Journal-Register reports (http://bit.ly/1eEgDsy) that the improvements included taxiways, roadways, safety fences and restrooms. The airport also added a solar-thermal collection system to reduce water-heating costs.
The airport plans nearly $7.6 million in improvements for this year.
Direct To Disney