Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri June 20, 2014
Special Prosecutor Appointed In Pike Co. Case
A special prosecutor has been appointed to handle the
case of Pike County's sheriff, who is accused of misconduct.
The Quincy Herald-Whig reports (http://bit.ly/1l6HtOo ) that Ed Parkinson with
the Illinois State's Attorney Appellate Prosecutor's Office has been assigned to
Sheriff Paul Petty's case. Petty is due in court for a hearing on Friday.
An Adams County judge ruled earlier this month that having the Pike County
State's Attorney's office prosecute the case was a conflict of interest.
Petty also is the county coroner. He has pleaded not guilty to accusations he
didn't follow procedures for embalming the body of 47-year-old Shanda Lopez, of
Milton, who fatally overdosed on heroin in 2012.