- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
Most Active Stories
All Songs Considered
Wed April 9, 2014
The Sole Of A Band, April 9
Baggy pants make different music than skinny jeans. Cowboy hats sound different than fedoras. T-shirt-and-jeans bands make a different noise than suit-and-tie bands. You can often look at a band's clothing and have a pretty good idea what it'll sound like.
But what about shoes? Over the last few months, I've been photographing the shoes of bands I see live, and I've come up with a test, a music quiz of sorts. Imagine this: If I play you a song and then show you four photos of shoes worn by musicians, will you be able to match the shoe to the song? Lace up your thinking boots: I give you The Sole of a Band.