Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
All Songs Considered
Thu April 24, 2014
The Sole Of A Band, April 24
Baggy pants make different music than skinny jeans. Cowboy hats sound different than fedoras. T-shirt-and-jeans bands make a different noise than suit-and-tie bands. You can often look at a band's clothing and have a pretty good idea what it'll sound like.
But what about shoes? Over the last few months, I've been photographing the shoes of bands I see live, and more recently I've asked you to snap the soles of bands and send them our way. I got so many that your photos of shoes make up every single selection in this edition of The Sole of a Band. Here's how you play: I'll show you four shoe pics and play one piece of music, you just have to match the right sole to the song. Let's see you shine!
Email your photos to us at email@example.com. Be sure to tell us what the band is, where you took the photo, and how you'd like to be credited.