- Attorney General Wants To Send Concealed Carry Cases Out Of Court
- Republican Bruce Rauner Defends His Personal Tax Bill
- Trucker Asks: Are Police Above The Law?
- Applicants Denied Concealed Carry Licenses Will Learn Why Under New Emergency Rules
- Republican Attorney General Candidate: Pension Changes Unconstitutional
Most Active Stories
Goats and Soda
Thu July 10, 2014
A Snapshot Of Indonesia: The Country Behind The Election
Originally published on Thu July 10, 2014 12:53 pm
Following a fierce presidential battle in Indonesia, both candidates — Jakarta Gov. Joko "Jokowi" Widodo and his rival, former Gen. Prabowo Subianto — are declaring victory. Official results won't come out for another two weeks.
The vote marks the country's third direct presidential election since Suharto, Indonesia's last dictator, was ousted in 1998. Nearly two decades after his brutal rule, how does the world's third-largest democracy fare in terms of global health and development markers?