Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- State's Paying Interest On 2011 Past Due Wages; May Finally Pay Up
- Beautiful Book Pairs Felicia Olin's Art & Vachel Lindsay's Poetry
- The Players: Inspector General's Push For Public Reports Stalls
- Plan That Would Allow Ex-Felons To Work In Schools Gets Support From Conservatives
- Listen to State Week - April 10, 2015
Fri January 24, 2014
Slow Food Film Festival Returns For 5th Year
Springfield residents curious about raising chickens in their backyard may want to stop by Benedictine University on Saturday, January 25.
Mad City Chickens is one of five films to be screened at the 5th Annual Slow Food Springfield Film Festival.
The University of Illinois Extension is co-sponsoring the event.
Extension Educator Deborah Cavanaugh-Grant joined WUIS Harvest Desk reporter Peter Gray to talk about the films and educational workshops coming up in February for those interested in community gardens and urban farming.